You are probably wondering where have you been?! Well, I’m still here. There has just been a lot going on so instead of writing to you. I’ve been doing a lot of talking to you. I was really hoping this New Year would be the start of a great New Year. However, it’s started out pretty rough. So, I have come to the conclusion that this is going to be a year of attacks by the enemy. I’m ok with that because I would rather know i’m a threat to him then not be attacked at all. I heard a quote a while back and it’s very true. “When I wake up in the morning and my feet hit the ground, I want the devil to think oh no-she’s up” He will not get even a foot hold in my life, Lord. I am wearing your armor and I’m claiming that today and everyday. My heart is hurt because of some things that happened over the last week. I’m asking today that you begin to heal my heart. You know what the troubles are and I can trust You to take care of me and the others that are hrting as well. Anyway, I have a whole bunch of errands to run so I can’t write too much more. But I wanted you to know I have written a list commitments for the year of 2009. I have posted them below and ask that you keep me accountable. Thank you Lord for everything you do. But most of all, thank you for loving me. Talk to you later!
Commitments for 2009
Instead of having resolutions for the year of 2009, I am committing to the following principles this year.
1. I am committed to pray specifically for Gregory, both moms, both dads, Matthew, Joseph, Natasha, Rick, Jacob, my team at work, and my close friends all year long.
2. I am committed to reflecting on the verses I memorized in 2008. In 2009, I am committed to memorize 12 more verses (one per month) that God will reveal to me.
3. I am committed to keeping my family first. I will not work more than 45 hours a week and when I am spending time with my family I am not working on my phone.
4. I am committed to trusting the Lord for the right time for Him to bless us with a child. We are doing our part and waiting patiently on Him to do His.
5. I am committed to keep my marriage growing. I am committed to doing a weekly devotional with my husband and attending a marriage conference in February.
6. I am committed to seeking the Lord with all my heart and living a life that shows Him to others.
7. I am committed to keeping other accountable in their walk if they ask me to.
8. I am committed to encouraging others with my words and actions.
9. I am committed to giving generously to missions, our church, and other ministries God directs us to.
10. I am committed to spending my time wisely and making the most of every opportunity.
11. I am committed to honor God with my body by eating healthy and living an active lifestyle.
12. I am committed to write at least 4 letters weekly to God on http://www.letterstotheallmighty.blogspot.com and I will be praying this will show God’s love to others. It’s my witnessing tool this year. As well as my other family blog.
13. I am committed to developing a deeper relationship with my mother in law.
14. I am committed to continuing to invest in others lives through encouraging words, acts of service, and authentic community.
15. I am committed to not being anxious but being prayerful.
16. And last but not least, I am committed to living on purpose this year!