Quiet time with God daily is so important but typically it’s forgotten. Yes I said forgotten.
Why? Well, that’s easy – the urgent task will always take the lead if you let it. Let me say that one more time – the urgent s always take the lead if you let them. I just want to check my email real quick, i need to get ready first, i would just like to sleep a little longer…the list could go on and on. So today, I’m listing out a 3 things I try to stick to and why it’s important to me.
What I try to stick to:
1. I wake up every morning at 6:00 am.
2. I immediately spend time with my God before I do anything else.
3. I change up what I’m doing in my quiet time as soon as it feels stale.
1. If I’m not ready by the time Finn gets up, I can’t fully be with him before he goes to school. Also, once he’s up I cant get back to alone time.
2. If I don’t immediately spend time with God when I get up – I cloud my mind with the to-dos of the day, I end up doing other things and before I know it Finn’s up and my day has started, and I’m not giving God my first minutes of the day.
3. I’m a human – quiet time gets stale for me every couple months. So I have a rotation. Everytime I switch what I’m doing a light bulb goes off. I love that! Today, I just starter reading “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young. I highly recommend it.
Remember, balancing a healthy spiritual walk is the most important item on your to-do list.
I hope you notice above my list of things to stick to – I said try. I am not perfect. I mess up daily. Today, I checked my email before my quiet time. That was a mistake. But the point is – I’m aware. These things work for me. I have the list so that I’m intentional.
Are you? I encourage you to make your own lists of what to do and why. Share if you want.