As you know, I’m in a mom’s group that meets every other week. This year we are focusing on “Thriving, Not Surviving.” Thriving in all areas – as a mom, as a woman, and as a wife. I really enjoyed the session we had on husbands so I thought I’d share my two big takeaways.
The first thing was these questions to ponder on…
- Are you respecting your husband?
- Does your husband come first? (before kids, chores, tasks, sleep, etc)
- Do you pray for your husband on a regular basis
And the second practical advice was ways to keep your husband first…
- Ask your husband what he wants for dinner.
- Keep date nights regular
- Ask your husband what’s important to him (1 or 2 things) and then make sure you work to do those things.
From talking with the ladies around my table – we found that most of the time we take things too personal. And if we shut our husband down a lot then over time he will stop talking to us. We can’t speak to him like he’s a child. He’s our partner, our teammate, and our best friend.
I hope this is an encouragement to you as well. Biggest thing to remember – our husbands were the most important before kids and they should still be the most important after we have kids. The best gift you can give your children is a Godly marriage.