My husband and I have been reading 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life by Tommy Newberry. We are currently on day 16. I am really loving the book as my morning devotional. One of the ideas from last week was to make a list of things you are grateful for once a week. It helps to keep your focus on all the great things in your life. You can even find great things in the midst of bad things that happen. I have a friend who does this weekly and blogs about it. I love reading her list because I am part of her life so I know whats going on. It’s great to see how her perspective is changed by making a simple list. My favorite one she has posted so far is here. It’s my favorite because that was an extremely difficult week – she had 3 kids with the stomach bug. But yet she found 14 things to be grateful for.
Anyway I have decided I will make this list weekly as well. I will blog it. Not all weeks. But some weeks. Most weeks I will write it in my personal journal. My hope is that you will see how grateful you can become in the little and big things. And how to be grateful even in tough seasons.
March 18, 2013
“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” –Alphonse Karr
- Being able to stay home full-time with the kids
- Advil to keep a persistent fever down a little
- A doctor who squeezes us in so she can check Selah for the third time in three weeks
- Being able to sleep in for an extra hour on Saturday because of my sweet hubby
- A church that streams live online (northpointonline.tv)
- Having medical insurance and money to pay for doctor appts/prescriptions
- Finn being a little leader and helping me out all week.
- Friends that offer help
- New friends
- The excitement in Finn’s eyes when he gets to sit and play a game with me
- Selah just wanting me to hold her when she is sick
- Finding times to rest
- Meal plans online so I don’t have to do it