I woke up this Monday with some sadness in my heart. I’ve realized I only have 2 more weeks left of my summer with the kids. Finn will be starting a 3K program on 9/3. And just like that our summer of fun is over.
I know I posted some pictures last week. But I thought it would be fun to have a list documented of all that was done this summer. It really is true that “the days are long but the years are short.” Time is flying by so I’m working hard to soak in every memory. I’m so thankful to be home with my kids full time.
This summer we made some awesome memories…
1. Selah took off walking. That was so fun to watch. I had been waiting months for her to to all take off. And sure enough towards the end of May she just walked. Days after she was already running. I’ve noticed she catches on to things very quickly!
2. Summer Field Trips – I’m part of a group that does summer field trips. They are planned by one of my best friends, Ashley. We went to the Suwannee Train Museum, INK Children’s Museum, Splash Pad, Bruster’s, Lowe’s, and Farmhouse in the City. We had a blast!
3. Friday Playgroup – We spent almost every Friday at the pool. A few Fridays we did something different. Once we did NP Mall and another time we went to the Atlanta Zoo. Loved my time with those moms and their kiddos!
4. Rest days – over the summer I plugged in one lazy day every week. On our rest days we stay in our pjs all day. We play games. We build forts. We have picnics. We watch movies. We do whatever we want!
5. School – even though its summer we still did some learning. Finn has continued practicing his name. And he’s got that down. He is also doing great sounding out words and recognizing letters. He will look at something and guess at what it says. So we are working on that! Both kids have learned a few verses. Even Selah can do all the hand motions.
6. Teething – Selah spent most of the summer teething. That was fun. Not at all fun! But as of a few weeks ago all her teeth are in except her 2 yr molars. So it will be nice to have a break on the teething thing.
7. We took several trips – we went to Gaitlinburg, TN as a family. That was a crazy but fun trip! The kids and I went to Ft. Walton Beach and had an awesome time. Gregory went to Haiti! And then right at the end of July I surprised Gregory with a trip to Winshape Retreat. We loved that place so much!
8. Chapters – at the end of June, I ended my chapter of working at North Point. Hardest thing I’ve ever done. I also started my own business. God closed a door but opened a new one. I did not want to ever leave North Point. But it was what was best for me and my family. I will forever miss that place and the friends I made in my 6 yrs there. My new business is called Kiwi Scripts. Basically I work a few hours a week writing. I do meal planning, local blog posts, and marketing copy for websites. If you need any of that – please let me know. I love what I’m doing! You can find out more here.
All in all this summer was full of tantrums, smiles, crying, laughing, time-outs, music playing, fort building, discipline, dancing, cookouts, napping, and plenty of memory making! I will end this summer smiling. I’m just so grateful to be home. God’s plan is ALWAYS better than your own!